Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dog Bites Pillow


The trivia highlight of my life came last week at Tonic in SF when I nailed the question: What actor cameoed as the dead grandfather in the movie Beer Fest? Having never seen the movie, I correctly answered "Donald Sutherland".

The trivia lowlight of my life came shortly later that same evening at Tonic when I nailed the question: What movie is the following quote from: [paraphrased] "Those are my lines. He's stealing my moves. And he stole her underwear, that's just sick". Having seen the movie, I correctly answered "Hitch".

I was driving along the 580 in Oakland and saw a cheesy dude in a Lexus with the vanity license plate "TUNA 307". WTF does that mean? What's the point of a vanity plate that can only be understood by the driver? Well, I'd be damned if I was going to be on the outside of this joke. I hit Google fast and hard, and found out that the world record for a Yellowfin Tuna, was a 307 pound beauty found off the coast of Sydney. When free diver Greg Pickering saw this natural wonder, he did what any nature loving aquatic admirer would do, he speared the fish through the head and dragged it in to be weighed. WELL PLAYED GREG! Please feel free to flick off TUNA 307 if you Bay Areans ever cross his path.

There is also a chance that TUNA 307 is just some poor dude nicknamed Tuna from Wyoming (Area Code 307). Awe hell, either way this guy should be flicked off. Vanity plates are annoying.

I take it back. The "80's HOT" prize does in fact go to Sharon Stone from the movie "Total Recall"

Do young adults still make "Mix Tapes" for romantic interests of theirs? If so, what do they call them? "Mix CD's" ? OK, still outdated. Do people just shoot a text message instead saying something like "I just gifted you a play list of songs to your i-tunes account that I thought you might like"?

This blog peaked with the words "Banana Hammock".

No comments: