Saturday, September 15, 2007

Paws and Stink

Dog Bites, by the numbers:

(Note: I hate "by the numbers" type articles. That said, I hate blogging too, so maybe they cancel each other out)

0 - The number of lawyers CBS has put on Survivor in the 14 seasons (7 years) since Boom Boom sued them following season 1

1 - The number of guys I know that work in a basement / cave

3 - The number of minutes of stand up comedy my family is making everyone perform (on stage, at The Seattle Underground) this Christmas

6 - The number of Those Aren't Pillows posts in August

7 - The number of home runs A-Rod had in the 5 games from 9/4 to 9/9. Boras is going to get this guy $30M a year, no problem

8 - Cal's national rank today. GO BEARS

8 - Number of picks I got right in Week 1 of the "Ultimate Cup" football pick'em pool. Same as a coin. Suck it Trebec

9 - The place my fantasy baseball team will end up this year. @#$*!

15 - The number of losses the Mariners had in the 17-game stretch from August 25th to September 11

15 - The number of Mariner fans left this season that thought we still had a playoff chance on September 12 (note a 40-man roster)

16 - The age Charlotte says she will turn on her third birthday this fall. (same as Ariel)

43 - The number of fake dollars I have made in my first day of trading on
"ProTrade.com" where people can invest fake money in sports teams and players. The 43 fake dollars represents a 1-day return of 0.18% or roughly 69% annualized on my $23,000 fake account. In other words, I need to somehow get a life

49 - The number of points Kevbo put up in Week 1 of The Monkey League, fantasy football

58 - The number of points Weaver put up in Week 1 of The Monkey League

63 - The number of points our randomly selected "Monkey Team" put up in Week 1 of The Monkey League

80 - The number of wing flaps a hummingbird has in 1 second

95 - The score (out of 100) that I rated the terribleness of this blog posting. (for perspective, "The Return of Sleep Apnea" got an 85

No comments: